Skip to Content
News & Resources

Can You Sue For Pain and Suffering After a Work Accident?

Short answer no, but . . . you can file for a form of compensation award called an award for permanent partial disability comp. It is essentially an award for pain and suffering in relation to your allowed work injury claim. You file for this form of comp in an application called a C92.

You are then evaluated by a BWC doctor who then assigns you a permanent partial disability percentage. If you disagree with that doctor’s percentage then you may undergo an evaluation by your own doctor. At an Industrial Commission hearing, a hearing makes a determination between the two percentages. You are paid the permanent partial disability award based on the number determined by the hearing officer.

You can watch a detailed how-to calculate Permanent Partial Disability award here