Columbus Brain Injury Lawyer for Help Recovering Compensation
Head and brain injuries can have profound impacts for victims and their families. Not only can the financial costs of treatment far exceed what most families can afford, but head and brain injuries can lead to substantial loss of income, emotional trauma, chronic pain and suffering, and other losses as well. As a result, seeking financial compensation is an important part of the recovery process, and accident victims and their loved ones should consult with a Columbus brain injury attorney as soon as possible.
Understanding the Severity of Head and Brain Injuries
At Malek & Malek Law Firm, we handle cases involving all types of head and brain injuries in Columbus. We have significant experience recovering just compensation for vehicle collisions, falls and other accidents. No matter what happened, if you or a loved one has suffered any type of traumatic head or brain injury, we encourage you to contact a Columbus brain injury lawyer promptly for a free, no-obligation consultation about your legal rights.
Examples of head and brain injury cases we handle include:
- Concussions – Concussions are potentially-serious injuries, and concussed accident victims face risks for second-impact and post-concussive syndrome. While concussions are generally classified as “mild” brain injuries, they require prompt medical attention and a dedicated recovery.
- Moderate Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – A traumatic brain injury is generally considered “moderate” when it disrupts normal brain function for more than a few minutes. While initial symptoms may be similar to those of a concussion, they may worsen over time, and there is a greater risk for lasting effects.
- Severe TBI – Severe TBI will typically have life-altering or life-threatening consequences. Accident victims will face long and difficult roads to recovery, and they may require medical care and/or support services for the rest of their lives.
- Skull Fractures – Skull fractures present various risks, from the risk of brain damage to the risk of severe infection. Prompt medical treatment is critical, and accident victims must receive professional medical care throughout the recovery process.
- Penetrating Head Injuries – Penetrating head injuries occur when a foreign object pierces the skull. Suffering a penetrating head injury is a medical emergency, and victims will frequently face substantial economic and non-economic costs.
- Facial Injuries – Burns, fractures, deep lacerations and other facial injuries can cause both physical pain and emotional trauma. These injuries are common in many types of accidents, and financial compensation will often be available.
- Ear, Eye, Nose and Jaw Injuries – Ear, eye, nose and jaw injuries are common in many types of accidents as well. These injuries can also trigger significant economic and non-economic costs, and they will often result in permanent impairments or disabilities.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Columbus Brain Injury Attorney
If you would like to speak with a lawyer about filing a claim for a head or brain injury in Ohio, call 888-444-7440 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Columbus brain injury attorney. You pay nothing unless we win.