Helping Columbus Factory and Warehouse Workers Who Are Injured and Unable to Work
Factories and Warehouses are dangerous places to work and injuries are common. Unfortunately, a single serious injury can leave you unable to work. For many people, losing their income is a financial crisis. Thankfully, workers’ compensation can pay you benefits to help you pay your bills. A Columbus factory and warehouse workers’ compensation lawyer can help you navigate the claim process and help you get back on your feet.
Common Injuries for Factory and Warehouse Workers
Many people don’t realize the hazards that factory and warehouse workers face in the course of their jobs. While every factory or warehouse has its own unique hazards, there are several injuries and accidents that we see frequently:
- Injuries resulting from slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Forklift and other vehicle accidents
- Conveyor belt accidents
- Assembly line accidents
- Repetitive use/stress injuries
- Lifting injuries
- Injuries caused by falling objects
- Crushed hands or feet
- Loading dock accidents
These accidents and injuries often leave workers unable to do their jobs for an extended period of time. When you’re unable to work, you can quickly expend your paid leave and suddenly lose your income. A Columbus factory and warehouse workers’ compensation lawyer can help you get the benefits you need to pay your bills and support your family.
Your Workers Compensation Benefits
Workers’ compensation is a “no-fault” benefits program meaning that you do not need to prove that someone else’s negligence caused the accident that led to your injury. As a result, you can still qualify for benefits if there is no one at fault and even if the accident was caused by your own negligence. Should you qualify, you would be entitled to the following benefits through workers’ compensation:
- Income replacement benefits that will pay two-thirds of your weekly income up to $980.00.
- Medical benefits that will pay all of your medical expenses related to your accident.
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured in a Factory
The workers’ compensation process can be challenging when you’re in pain and worried about your job. If you’ve been injured at work, here are the steps you need to take to protect your rights:
- Report your injury to your employer. If they didn’t witness your accident, they need to know about it. Many employers are familiar with the workers’ compensation process and will guide you through the following steps.
- Seek medical attention. Your employer may send you to a designated medical provider for an exam, but you should get a thorough medical exam if they do not. Do not attempt to diagnose yourself or assume that you will be fine in a couple of days.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Orders. You can quickly jeopardize your workers’ compensation claim by failing to follow your treatment plan.
- Contact a Columbus factory and warehouse workers’ compensation lawyer. Most lawyers who handle workers’ compensation claims offer a free consultation. They can answer any questions you may have, help you understand your options, and provide invaluable guidance.
Injured on the Job? Contact Malek & Malek
With decades of experience, the workers’ compensation lawyers at Malek & Malek understand the challenges you face and, more importantly, know how to get results. To schedule a free consultation with a Columbus factory and warehouse workers’ compensation lawyer who can give you the help you need, contact us at 888-444-7440 today.