Columbus Warehouse Accident Attorney Helping You Get the Compensation You Deserve
With approximately 760 warehouses across the state of Ohio, the majority of which are located in the Columbus and Central Ohio area, our firm is dedicated to helping injured warehouse workers get the compensation they need to pay their bills and feed their families. If you have been injured working in a warehouse, talk to a Columbus warehouse accident lawyer from Malek & Malek.
Columbus Warehouse Injury Attorneys Who Understand How These Accidents Happen
Many people don’t realize how dangerous warehouses can be, but warehouse workers do – they face numerous hazards every day, whether it’s on the loading docks to the floor of the facility. And as demand for product consumption increases, so does the number of warehouse workers. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the number of warehouse workers across the country has doubled in the last decade. Meanwhile, the BLS recorded an average of approximately 5 injuries per 100 warehouse employees in the last couple of years. Most seasoned warehouse workers know that the number of warehouse injuries is only going to increase as manufacturers and employers push to ship more goods.
If you have been injured in a warehouse accident, it helps to have an advocate who understands the nature of your injury, specifically how and where things can go wrong. More importantly, you need someone on your side who can get the compensation you need to make a full recovery and get back to work. An experienced Columbus warehouse accident attorney from our firm knows how to handle injury claims for all types of warehouse accidents including the following:
- Forklift and equipment accidents. Working on or around a forklift is one of the most hazardous aspects of working in a warehouse. OSHA has reported that overturning forklifts are the most common cause of warehouse fatalities in the country. Other pieces of equipment can fail, collapse, or overturn, crushing workers or causing other serious injuries.
- Falling objects. Another common source of injury in warehouses, workers can become seriously injured when objects fall down onto workers. This can include tools or other equipment, but also merchandise that has been improperly stored.
- Falls. The most common falls that lead to serious injuries occur on loading docks, where workers can fall several feet. However, workers are also routinely injured when they slip and fall on wet or otherwise slippery warehouse floors.
- Vehicle accidents. Another common loading dock injury, workers can be severely injured when struck by trucks moving in and out of the loading area.
- Overexertion injuries. Working in a warehouse entails a great deal of physical labor including, lifting, pushing, and pulling. The physical nature of the job can lead to overexertion and injuries to the neck, shoulders, and back.
You Need a Columbus Warehouse Accident Lawyer Who Can Help You Pay Your Bills
If you have been injured in a warehouse accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Most warehouse injuries are covered by workers’ compensation, which will pay your medical expenses and replace up to two-thirds of your lost income while you are unable to work. You may be entitled to these benefits regardless of who is at fault for causing the accident.
Other warehouse accidents are the product of your employers’ negligence. Failure to comply with OSHA or other regulations, refusal to provide necessary safety equipment, or other negligent action by your employer could make them liable for your injuries.
Each of these options has unique advantages and disadvantages. An experienced Columbus warehouse accident lawyer can help you understand your options and provide the guidance you need.
Let the Family-Managed Firm of Malek and Malek Pursue Your Claim
Representing injured workers in the Columbus area since 1972, we know how to get the compensation that workers and their families need to get through difficult times. To schedule a free consultation, contact us today at 614-444-7440.